Cream of Tomato Basil Soup
adapted from allrecipes.com
- 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup Unsweetened MimicCreme
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth Balance butter substitute
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat, and stir in the MimicCreme and butter(or butter substitute). Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil. Swirl a small amount of MimicCreme into each bowl when serving and top with basil leaf.